Emirates Flight Catering to showcase its hospitality with New Zealand at Expo 2020
Emirates Flight Catering, part of The Emirates Group and one of the world’s largest caterers, has been selected to lead the hospitality and operations for the New Zealand pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai.
The New Zealand pavilion restaurant, part of New Zealand’s expansive 2,000sqm Expo 2020 presence, will be central to the country’s participation at Expo 2020. International visitors will experience premium New Zealand food and beverage products, prepared by Emirates Flight Catering’s skilled chefs.
Saeed Mohammed, Chief Executive Officer, Emirates Flight Catering, said: “New Zealand is a high-profile destination and its innovative approach to hospitality will allow us to showcase our expertise in food, beverage and hospitality, and to provide a world-class experience to anyone who visits the pavilion.”
“The opportunity to work alongside New Zealand and its visitors to Expo 2020, a milestone event for the United Arab Emirates, is something we’re incredibly proud of.”
Members of Emirates Flight Catering’s experienced culinary team, made up of 1800 chefs from 52 countries, will visit New Zealand early next year to source food and beverage products from experienced exporters for the pavilion restaurant.
Clayton Kimpton, New Zealand’s Commissioner-General to Expo 2020, said: “New Zealand’s manaakitanga or warm hospitality is part of what makes us special. We’re excited to partner with Emirates Flight Catering to share our pavilion experience and New Zealand’s food and beverage with the world at Expo 2020 Dubai.”
The agreement with New Zealand at Expo 2020 is further evidence of Emirates Flight Catering’s expertise and expansion outside of its core flight catering business.
The company recently commenced construction of its vertical farming facility in Dubai - the world’s largest vertical farm, with an investment value of $40m. It’s also expanding further into retail and consumer sectors, combining its culinary and production expertise to produce premium branded ice-cream and other food products.
The United Arab Emirates has confirmed 190 countries will take part in Expo 2020 Dubai, to be held from October 2020 to April 2021.
Emirates Flight Catering
- One of the world’s largest catering operations. Offering airline, events and VIP catering as well as ancillary services including laundry, food production and airport lounge food and beverage.
- 11,000 dedicated employees preparing an average of 225,000 meals and processing 210 tonnes of laundry per day.
- Emirates Flight Catering will prepare modern New Zealand cuisine using the finest sourced ingredients with the culinary creativity of our New Zealand and international chefs.
- A combination of local Emirati hospitality and the New Zealand theme of Care for People and Place will ensure the best hospitality experience.
Expo 2020 Dubai
- 190 countries will participate in Expo 2020 Dubai from October 2020 to April 2021.
- The theme is Connecting Minds, Creating the Future, with sub-themes mobility, opportunity and sustainability.
- Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to be held in the Middle East, Africa or South Asia region.
- 25 million visitors are expected at Expo 2020, with about 70% coming from outside the United Arab Emirates.
New Zealand at Expo 2020
- New Zealand’s pavilion for Expo 2020 is designed by Jasmax architects, with Mott MacDonald (engineering) and Special Group (creative storytelling).
- New Zealand’s theme for Expo 2020 is Care for People and Place, based on the concept of kaitiakitanga – the deep kinship between humans and the natural world
- The pavilion is around 2,000 square metres and features an exhibition space, restaurant, design store and hosting facilities.